We are looking for a team player that will work closely with sales, product development, design, finance and production to bring new fabrics to market. It is a full-time position based at the Hudson Mill. This is more of a technical position, not a design position. It will be Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
• Converting, creating and modifying design files to loom-ready format for weaving of fabric.
• Converting fabric patterns into a repeat style, editing artwork, and applying weave structures.
• Track new design file creation for cost purposes and report volume of weave trials monthly to finance.
• Create fabric image files and email/download to internal and external customers upon request
• Work closely with the design manager, sales, product development and production teams on projects and requests.
• Work closely with fiber and yarn suppliers on existing and new product development.
• Must be hands on, willing to frequently walk the weave room to check on weave trials and standard production orders.
• Minimum of 4 years textile design file conversion to loom-ready files using a CAD system or similar software tools.
• 4-year college degree in textile engineering, design or textile CAD systems preferred
• CAD and/or textile design experience with working technical knowledge of designing, developing and adjusting fabric files for fabric types including jacquards and dobby fabrics.
• Penelope System (European CAD System but will train)
• NED Graphics and/or Jaqcad
• Adobe Photo Shop
• Portfolio of work demonstrating past work and breadth of skills
• Other duties as assigned
Latest Jobs offered at Foothills Temporary Employment